I am not the only Littleshell


I decided I would name my personal blog Barcelona Littleshell after my name literally translated into English and my hometown. When I was in the initial process of registering the name, I was surprised to find Littleshell had already been taken, so I went off track from what I was doing -the usual thing- to find out who had taken it.

First I found interesting photos of Littleshell, an old American Indian chef from the Ojibwe (also Ojibwa or Ojibway) or Chippewa (also Chippeway), one of the biggest tribes in the north of Mexico.



He seemed to be a popular character online, but one particular page of Little Shell Tribe  warned that it was created by Little Shell tribal members FOR Little Shell tribal members ONLY.

I found that very strange! How can you possibly limit visitors to a public website?  I wasn't going to stop there, so I checked a few other pages including this one about magical dream catchers (atrapasueños mágicos) where they told the history of the Little Shell Pembina Band.

The most surprising thing about them so far was that they sold a package called A Practical Course in Miracles to learn how to Eliminate Debt.

Maybe some of our politicians should get it, but please with money out of their own pockets this time.

La sorpresa que me llevé al seguir investigando os la explicaré en mi próxima entrada...

In my next post..... what is the connection between Little Shell and the bombing of a federal building in Oklahoma, United States, on 19 April 1995, in which 168 people died?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Edificios enfermos en Barcelona y alrededores

Rembrandt me persigue

Antonio Vivaldi: Magnificat et Gloria

Why I liked The Hunger Games

Historias de Delacroix